Women are more sensitive to pain and more prone to depression. They are also more likely to smoke as a way to alleviate those feelings. The more you smoke and the longer you go without quitting, the harder it is to overcome your addiction.
Fortunately, there is help available if you want to stop smoking. The decision to quit cigarettes and start living a healthier life is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. The toll takes on your body can be immense, not just emotionally but also physically.
If you have decided to take this bold step, you will want to know how to stop it the right way so you will not come back to smoking again.
Why Should You Quit Smoking if You're a Woman?
Smoking is not only unhealthy for you, but it is extremely dangerous to those around you. You are going to learn these strong reasons to get you to quit smoking.
Some of these are very personal, and others are very obvious. But no matter what they are, if you are a smoker, we at InfoMasta believe that you're obviously not happy about it.
It's a truth when you add the extra stigma to it; you've got a recipe for trouble.
Statistics show that about 6% of women in the world are a smoker. It's not that they don't know that they have a problem; it's just that they choose to continue smoking instead of making the decision to quit.
In order to stop this successfully, we will provide you the convincing reasons for you to quit smoking completely. Let us explain.
First, you need to understand that there is a biological reason for smoking. Your body has a very real need for nicotine, even though it doesn't want to have it.
While the nicotine itself isn't harmful to you in large doses, smoking does cause you other problems.
- For example, nicotine can make you feel irritable and impatient, two things you don't get when you don't smoke. It also gives you a nervous feeling and a "depression feeling," which all come from nicotine. Therefore, it would be best if you avoid the areas where you might encounter these feelings of depression. To combat this, you can take deep breaths when you are sad or anxious.
- Increased risk for developing ovarian and hormonal problems. These include but are not limited to irregular periods.
- Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of losing the infant and the life of both mother and child. Most of these complications will occur in the first trimester. When combined with high levels of nicotine, cigarette smoke is highly toxic for the fetus. In addition, women who smoke during pregnancy are at higher risk for developing complications such as premature delivery and low birth weight.
- Smokers are also at greater risk for developing conditions such as diabetes and osteoporosis. Other diseases that are also related are cancer, stroke, heart disease, tooth decay, gum disease, and lung disease. So, this group of consequences alone should give you a light to see what you'll get if you still consider smoking again after this.
- In addition, nicotine can affect your blood pressure and cause a headache. Nicotine is a drug that has the effect of increasing the amount of blood that is pumping throughout your body, including in your arteries and heart. This increases the risk of hypertension and heart problems, and you can see how this could lead to a serious problem.
- Now, suppose you have a headache or any other type of headache, including an irregular heartbeat or dizziness. In that case, you may have already been affected by nicotine. Besides, for women smokers, you should wear only cotton underpants so that nicotine won't have as much access to your skin.
Become highly addictive
- Many smokers become addicted to nicotine because it is highly addictive. When you have an addiction like this, it is often more difficult to stop compared to someone who doesn't have this type of problem.
- When it comes to smoking, women have certain hormonal changes that affect their ability to stop. This is why it is so important for you to realize early that you need to make sure that you take care of yourself physically after this.
So Then, How Can I Quit Smoking?
We understand how hard this can be for you. But the good news is that there are many methods available that will help you get your life back on track.
Many have had success by using these methods, and they can help you break the habit once and for all. So, let's get started!
1. Replace it with a healthy diet
The first thing you need to realize when you want to stop smoking is = you must replace cigarettes with something more delicious and healthy. If you're not used to eating a healthy diet before, it might be difficult for you to change your habits at first.
However, once you get used to eating a healthy diet, you'll find it much easier to quit smoking. And besides, these types of diets are great for weight loss, which is the main consequence for female smokers.
Today, many health experts are stressing the importance of replacing cigarettes with something better, like a healthy diet. There are several reasons for this.
Cigarettes contain lots of harmful ingredients, which can lead to bad health in the long term. Therefore, it is advisable for smokers to replace cigarettes with a good-quality healthy diet that contains lots of fruits and vegetables.
When you replace cigarettes with a healthy diet, you not only replace one harmful habit with another, but you also replace another killer habit of smoking.
As we know, smoking is the leading cause of death in the world. Therefore if you want to have a healthy and long life, it is advisable to stop smoking.
2. Hypnotherapy (hypnosis therapy)
Hypnotherapy for the purpose of stopping smoking is proving to be a very popular way to quit smoking. For this to work, though, you must have a strong desire to quit, and you must have the willpower to put it into action.
It can be very difficult to do this if you are a smoker because every smoker is different. It takes time and effort to change the way you think and the feelings you associate with smoking.
The best way to combat this is with the support of a good hypnotherapist and the willingness to quit.
3. Use nicotine patches
A nicotine patch is an invisible transdermal patch that releases nicotine into the human body through the skin. It's used primarily in nicotine substitution therapy, a clinically proven method for smoking cessation.
You can wear the patch on any portion of the body. However, it's most often applied to the area where you feel the most withdrawal symptoms, such as the tip of the tongue or the back of the throat.
It's considered one of the least risky NRTs on the market, with no known addiction or side effects, plus many of its ingredients have been tested over again in clinical trials. It's also the most affordable, with a cost of about $30 per patch.
The reason these nicotine patches are so effective is that they are a very simple and inexpensive way to deliver nicotine directly to your body without the usual hassles and complications associated with nicotine replacement therapies such as:
You only need to apply the patches once a day, twice if you're using the inhaler version, and up to 4 times for the transdermal variety.
This means you can use the patches for all 4 hours without worry, and you won't experience any nicotine withdrawal symptoms or any smoke at all.
The patch delivers nicotine immediately, bypassing the usual biological processes and hastening the nicotine absorption and release into your bloodstream.
Another benefit to using nicotine patches is the ease of use. They are easy to place and take off, and you can wear them in private or in public.
They work just like a low-dose nicotine spray, delivering the nicotine quickly when you need a hit. They don't require any maintenance other than to occasionally remove the patch from the skin to avoid nicotine build-up and residue.
Also, unlike traditional smoking cessation methods, using nicotine patches will not increase the risk of relapse. Using them can be an effective substitute for cigarettes for many people without requiring as much discipline and effort.
4. Listen to hypnosis CDs
Just buy yourself a couple of CDs and listen to them. The hypnotist who created the CD will give you a code name like "Bob" to play when you smoke.
You will listen to the calming, positive track while you were lying down.
It is normal at first if you feel skeptical about whether it will work or not. Still, after two weeks of listening, you will notice a dramatic improvement in your desire to smoke.
When you finished the hypnosis audio program, you'll not be needing a cigarette to calm you down like you usually do when you decide to smoke.
Instead, you will find yourself calming down a lot quicker than you had been before. You will also notice that you didn't feel as anxious when you listened to the hypnosis CDs to quit smoking.
So, listening to the audio will help you overcome that anxiety, which allowed you to quit smoking even more stronger.
5. Acupuncture treatment
The treatment may look a little bit extreme visually, but some women try acupuncture to stop smoking. It is becoming more popular and can have some very positive results.
The acupuncture treatment involves the insertion of needles into certain points of the body. Many women feel that this helps them overcome their addiction to nicotine. However, there is no scientific evidence to back this up.
6. Nicotine gum
If you are asking yourself how nicotine gum helps to stop smoking, then the answer is very simple, and it is all in the ingredients used.
It combines a transdermal patch, a chemical called nicotine gums, and gums that do not contain nicotine, such as the nicotine lozenge. Nicorette is a combination of two chemicals — the first one is niacin and the other one is nicotinic acid.
Niacin is the vegetable part of nicotine, and nicotinic acid is the acid that produces the effect we know as nicotine.
When you use nicotine gum to stop smoking, you will find that you have less of the intense nicotine cravings that you have experienced in the past.
What happens is that when you are able to maintain your regular schedule, after a certain amount of time, the body will start to adjust to the levels of nicotine.
Nicotine gum will place the patch on your skin for an hour or so, and then you will have to remove it to allow the nicotine to enter your bloodstream.
You will then have to go back to the dentist to get a new patch to start your day. After this second piece, within 30 minutes of waking up each morning, the body will realize that there is no longer a need to smoke, and you will greatly reduce the cravings.
To quit smoking, aid such as this one has been proven to work by many individuals. But, unfortunately, even the most avid smokers use this type of product once in a while just to continue with their habit until they are able to quit completely.
Not only does it help to reduce the severity of the cravings, but it also has the ability to reduce the amount of time that you have to spend smoking each day.
7. Look for support groups
These groups will help you deal with the physical cravings of smoking as well as the psychological ones. You can join a group that focuses on smoking cessation or one that simply allows you to talk about your addiction.
These groups are great because they give you a safe place to share your feelings and worries with others. It is very comforting to share that you are addicted to smoking with others who understand and care about your situation.
If you're looking for support groups, we suggest:
- EasyQuit Stop Smoking Community
- Quit Smoking Cigarettes Support Group
- CBQ Method - Quit Smoking Community
- Quit Smoking Start Breathing
8. Last but not least, believe in yourself
Regardless of how you choose to get the help, you must have the will to stop. This is very important.
It will help if you believe in yourself first before using any of the methods above. Then, make sure that you are taking action to break the addiction. Remember, when you put off your will to stop now, you become dependent upon cigarettes more and more.
You have to understand that this will be bad for you in the future, and you have to break the chain if you want to stop smoking now. We at InfoMasta believe in you.